Terms & Conditions of Website Use
- You must be aged 18 or over to purchase alcoholic beverages. It is an offence to sell alcohol to anyone under the age of 18 in the UK.
- When ordering and making a payment you are deemed to have accepted our Terms and Conditions and to have confirmed that you are aged 18 or over.
- If your order is a gift and contains alcohol, the recipient must also be aged 18 years or older.
- Ales By Mail reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions without notice at any time. Your continued use of this site and the Online Store after changes are posted will constitute your acceptance of the changes to these Terms.
- The Terms and Conditions on the Ales By Mail website supercede all others.
- All prices are quoted in pounds sterling.
- We aim to ensure the prices shown on our Online Store are correct. In the event that an error does occur, we will make every effort to contact you to confirm if you would like to proceed with the order at the correct price.
- Whilst every effort is made to supply all items listed on this Online Store, there are instances where this may not be possible. In these cases we will contact you and offer a substitute with the same or greater value.
- We reserve the right to withdraw or replace products in our Online Store without notice. Merchandise prices and specifications are also subject to change without notice.
- We make every effort to ensure that the information on this website is correct. However, Ales By Mail takes no responsibility and shall not be held liable for information that is incomplete, inaccurate or out of date.
- Ales By Mail will not be held responsible for any loss, consequential loss or damage to any individual or business which may have occurred from the use (or misuse) of any product or any information contained on this website.
- We cannot accept responsibility for delivery failure if you provide an incorrect address and postal code or incorrect contact telephone number. Please check this information when placing your order.
Cancellations of orders
- We will cancel your order and refund any payment provided cancellation is within 7 days after the receipt of the beers and that the beers are returned in good condition, unopened and sealed as required by the Consumer Protection from Distance Selling Regulations 2000 (as amended).
- Refunds will be made within 30 days from the date of cancellation.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure the goods are correctly repackaged and safely returned.
- We can arrange collection, but charges will apply.
- Payment can only be made using credit/debit cards through WorldPay. However, please contact us by phone or email if you do not wish to pay online.
- Card payments are made through a secure server. We do not have access to your bank account/card details. Your personal details are not passed to any third party.
- Your payment will appear as Ales By Mail on your bank/credit card statement.
- Payment will be taken at the time of ordering.
VAT Tax & PricesAll prices quoted are inclusive of VAT at the current rate. The confirmation of dispatch e-mail includes a VAT receipt for our customers who can reclaim VAT.
- We will use our best endeavours to deliver your order promptly but cannot accept any liability for a delay, howsoever caused. We do not deliver on Saturdays, Sundays or public holidays unless by prior arrangement. This service will incur additional charges.
- Normal delivery hours are Monday to Friday 08.00 to 21.00.
- Deliveries must be signed for by a person of 18 years or older. If our couriers are in any doubt about the age of the recipient on delivery, they will request some form of ID. We reserve the right to cancel the delivery if the age and identity of the recipient is in doubt.
- No refund will be considered for orders made by minors.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that an adult over the age of 18 is at the delivery address to sign for receipt of the goods. The re-delivery process can be undertaken twice only, after which couriers are instructed to return the goods to us. In these circumstances you may be liable for any additional courier costs.
- Signature at the point of delivery acknowledges receipt of the goods. Goods will not be left with third parties unless by prior arrangement.
- It is our policy to ensure that all our goods are supplied to our customers in perfect condition. We will only exchange or refund products which we deem “not fit for consumption”. If the product is simply not liked by the customer, it cannot be exchanged, replaced or returned.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to report goods damaged in transit.
- We shall not be liable to pay any compensation to you, other than any refund as stated above. In particular, but without limitation, we shall not be liable to you for loss of profit, damage to goodwill, or any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of any damage, defect, negligence or other failing on our part.
- No compensation can be offered for loss of wages due to failed or late deliveries.
- Customers accept responsibility for the safe storage and use of the products upon receipt. Ales By Mail are not liable for damage caused by customer mishandling.
- Alcohol is best enjoyed in moderation. Find out more here: http://www.drinkaware.co.uk/
CookiesA cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Cookies are also used in the functioning of the online store section of our site, by keeping track of information you enter into the site (products chosen, delivery address etc) so that it can be passed onto us to generate your order.
By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device. You can choose to accept or decline cookies (most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer). This may however prevent you from using this website.
Cookies can make you fat, we recommend you send them to us and don’t consume them yourselves.
ReturnsGoods may be returned within 30 days of delivery if you are not satisfied for whatever reason. It is the customers responsibility to ensure the goods are correctly repackaged and safely returned to the address below:
Ales By Mail (Returns)
34 Radford Way
Essex CM12 0DX
Refunds will be given to the customer within 30 days after the beers have been delivered.
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights. For further information on such rights speak to your Local Authority Trading Standards Department or Citizen's Advice Bureau.
Copyright and IP RightsAll content is © Ales By Mail Limited unless stated otherwise. We only allow links to the Ales By Mail website from other websites with our permission.
Vouchers and Discount CodesFair Use: Be fair with us and we’ll keep the offers coming. Abuse the system and they’ll stop.
If you’ve already used a one-time use code you won’t be able to redeem it again. We don’t mind if you pass it on to family or friends - in fact, we encourage that. If you create multiple accounts or are using codes sourced from a voucher site we reserve the right to close down all your accounts and not speak to you again. If your goldfish wants to enjoy the finest craft beer, tell her to move out and open her own account.
We reserve the right not to honour any order placed using a discount code or voucher that has been used in breach of these terms and conditions. We will refund you any payment made in these circumstances.
Force MajeureAles By Mail Limited shall not be liable for the failure to fulfil any terms of any transaction governed by these conditions of sale if fulfilment has been delayed, hindered or prevented by any circumstances whatsoever which is not directly within its control such as, but not exclusively, Act of God, Government regulation or order, fire, theft, flood, strike, riot, insurrection, war, national emergency, power shortage, pandemic, terrorist activity.
Ales By Mail Limited are not liable for breach of these conditions for any loss or liability arising from circumstances of force majeure.